Laughter, creating new memories with friends and loved ones, and raising a glass to celebrate all of life’s joyous gifts is an important part of the holiday season. Whether you’re entertaining guests or hosting your family for the holiday festivities, sifting through the never ending list of cocktail recipes on the internet can be overwhelming. Not everyone is a huge fan of eggnog, so we’ve put together a list of the top four most popular drink recipes that are guaranteed to make your holidays merry.
Candy Cane Martini
This minty-fresh cocktail is sure to delight taste buds and kick your celebration off with a bang.
- 2 ounces of strawberry vodka
- 1 crushed candy cane for garnish
- White crème de menthe
- 5 ounces of cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
- Using a saucer or small plate, evenly distribute the crushed candy canes across the plate. Gently wet the outer rim of a martini glass (preferably chilled) with water. Holding your martini glass by the stem, rotate the rim in a circular motion to coat it with the crushed pieces of candy.
- Combine the ice, strawberry vodka, 4 dashes of crème de menthe, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until the ingredients are blended together. Using a strainer, pour into the glass you initially prepared and serve to guests.
- If desired, garnish the drink with a candy cane.
Sizzling-Hot Buttered Rum
This is one classic holiday drink that’ll never go out of style – thanks to its savory sugary-sweet ingredients.
- ¾ cup of spiced rum
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of honey (at room temperature)
- 1/3 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 2 cups of boiled water
- 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, cloves, and a pinch of salt into a medium-sized bowl. With an electric mixer, blend the ingredients together until they are smooth in consistency.
- Add the 2 cups of boiling water and rum in the butter mixture and stir until all additives are dissolved into the liquid.
- Separate and pour the butter rum into 4 mugs. Use the cinnamon sticks as a garnish for the final touch before serving.
Tis the season for a drink that will warm up your guests on a particularly chilly night.
- 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (or a preferred red wine) – 750 ML
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 1 juiced and zested orange
- ¼ cup of honey
- 4 cloves (whole)
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 peeled oranges for the garnish
- Using a large saucepan, combine the wine, cider, zested orange, honey, juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cloves.
- Bring the ingredients to a steady boil before simmering for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Transfer the succulent cocktail into mugs before garnishing with an orange peel and serving to your guests.
Festive Ginger Snap
This drink will conjure up some childhood nostalgia, satiating your craving for gingerbread cookies, while adding some beer and rum fun to the festivities.
- 1 ½ ounces of dark rum
- 1 ounce of ginger beer
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon schnapps
- 1 teaspoon of ginger juice
- 1 egg white
- Ground cloves
- Crystallized ginger square
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 gingerbread cookie, finely ground
- Coat a saucer or small plate with a small amount of ginger beer. Holding your martini glass by the stem, rotate the rim in a circular motion to coat it with ginger beer, subsequently dipping it into a saucer that contains the ground cookie to garnish the rim.
- Using a shaker, add ice, rum, ginger juice, cinnamon schnapps, egg white, and a pinch of ground cloves. Vigorously shake for approximately 20 seconds or until the ingredients have become foamy and frothy. Tip: For a foamier drink, shake the contents for a longer period of time.
- Pour in the ginger beer and gently stir. Once combined, pour into a glass for serving.
- To garnish, add the crystallized ginger square, cinnamon stick, and coat the top of the beverage with a sprinkle of the crushed gingerbread cookie.
Also next time when you were looking for a new Bar or just somewhere to hangout in The Colony TX, checkout URBAN8 and be ready for surprises.